FRIENDS OF THE FORT
Friends of the Fort (FOF) is a volunteer auxiliary of Fort New Salem. We invite you to join our organization. Its purpose is to provide a conduit for individuals to volunteer at the Fort as well as have a support group which conducts activities to bolster the mission of Fort New Salem.
The FOF will work with our board chair and director to assist with our volunteer activities and events. The group holds one annual meeting in January and elects their chair. That chair serves a member of the Fort New Salem Foundation (FNSF) Board of Directors during their term.
FOF can be comprised of individuals who have an interest in:
- Assisting with the set up, operation and clean up of special events
- Helping with fort sponsored volunteer activities
- Participation in various committees of the Fort New Salem Foundation (FNSF)
- Partaking in heritage crafts during events (weaving, blacksmith, etc.)
- Conducting special fund raising activities
FNSF is the owner of Fort New Salem. The foundation board of directors is the governing body who is legally and fiscally responsible for the operation of Fort New Salem. All activities of the FOF shall be upon approval of the FNSF.
New for 2019 is our JUNIOR FRIENDS OF THE FORT